From Franco Moschino to Jeremy Scott, let's talk “taking trash and making treasure”.
- Franco Moschino worked for six years under Gianni Versace before starting his own brand.
- When Franco Moschino launched Moschino Couture in 1983, he initially only designed casual wear and jeans. It wasn’t until he launched his more affordable line - Cheap & Chic in 1988 that he coined his tongue-in-cheek style that is Moschino’s signature, decorating jackets, skirts and bodices with bottle tops, plug sockets and even plastic eggs!
- Moschino has always kept a light hearted sense of humour in their brand. Franco Moschino used to invite press to his shows with a save the date printed on underwear! Jeremy Scott designs for moschino in keeping with the brands sense of humour today.
- Jeremy Scott is hugely influenced by popular and consumer culture and has collaborated with many companies such as Mattel for the Barbie Collection, Coca Cola, McDonald's even the game Candy Crush. All of which have have been a roaring success!
- Moschino under Jeremy Scott has become hugely popular among the celebrities of today. Scott designed outfits for the world tours of Kylie Minogue in 2005, Madonna in 2008 and Lady Gaga in 2011 and 2012. Let’s not forget his massive celebrity fan base with Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Kayne West, Paris Hilton, Cara Delivigne and Rita Ora all sporting Moschino!
Fun Facts about Jeremy Scott/ Moschino:
- Jeremy Scott is the first designer to dress the muppets Miss Piggy!
- Jeremy Scott is a self confessed hoarder as he states “I hate to throw out newspapers if I have not read everything in them!”
- Moschino have opened up a Maison Moschino hotel in Milan that is very much within their quirky, larger than life taste. There are fairytale themed bedrooms, for example Alice in Wonderland, with a teacup for a table, clouds hanging down he corridors and a bed made up of tress!